Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome to English Class of the FUTURE!

Welcome to the New Element of our class!

4 comments:

  1. 1. the poem is called alone and it uses a similie(uses like)

    2."im stuck in a room all alone like nobodies there"

    3.This quote is a similie because it uses the word like.they are comparing being alone to nobody being around at all

    4.this similie effects the reader/listener because it talks about being alone. it makes u think that even if there are people around if u have nobody for yourself you can still be alone.the poet says that being alone is not a good feeling.Weather its physically or mentally you should always have somebody by your side to make u feel good or make u happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. BABY
    Baby”

    (Spoken Introduction)
    I don’t remember feelin’ like this...
    Baby... baby I love you...baby... baby, I love you

    (Verse 1)
    I got this jones formin in my bones (from a man)
    who indeed took over my soul, (understand)
    I couldn’t breathe if he ever said (he would leave)
    get on my knees ‘til they bloody red (beg and plead)
    See, I don’t know if you get it yet, (just don’t know)
    He like the lighter to my cigarette (watch me smoke)
    I never knew another human life (didn’t know)
    Could have the power to take over mine, so baby, baby

    (Chorus)
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby (baby, I love you)
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby
    I love it when I hear yah name, got me sayin’
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, (baby, I love you)
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby

    (Verse 2)
    See I could never feel alone with you (in my life)
    I’ll give up everything I own for you (won’t think twice)
    Almost a shame how I’m mesmerized (such a shame)
    I lose my thought lookin’ in your eyes (I know why)
    because your kisses make my lips quiver (ooh-ooh-oooh-and that’s real)
    And when you touch me my whole body shivers (oooh-oooh-oooh-I can feel)
    Now I can see how another life (‘nother life)
    Can have the power to take over mine
    cause you're my

    (Chorus)

    Break it down.
    Baby, I can’t see my worth (I can’t see)
    Living here on God’s green earth (God’s)
    You don’t know what you’ve done to me (done to me)
    I never thought I’d need you desperately (desperately)
    It’s kind of sick how I’m stuck on you (stuck on you)
    but I don’t care cause I’m needin’ you (I’m needin’ you)
    and how I feel will remain the same (remains the same)
    ’cause you’re my baby (‘cause your my baby)

    (Verse 4)
    Listen, and when the world starts to stress me out (where I run)
    is to you boy im without a doubt (you’re the one)
    Who keeps me sane and I can’t complain (can’t complain),
    you’re like a drug you relieve my pain (may seem strange)
    You’re like the blood flowin’ through my veins (ooh-ooh-ooooh)
    keeps me alive and feedin’ my brain (oooh-oooh-ooooh-ooooh)
    Now this is how another human life (‘nother life)
    Could have the power to take over mine cause you're my

    (Chorus)

    Its a similie because it uses like in a phrase in the verse. Ashanti says that he is like a lighter to her cigarette.

    Its makes the song better because it gives me more of an idea of what she is trying to say in the song and her point of view

    ReplyDelete
  3. Song: Dia de tu suerte means your lucky day

    Artist: N'Klabe
    mil lagrimas derramaras
    sobre todo tu vestido
    cuando veas el camino ya nada sera igual
    cada paso hacia el
    significa mi final
    Yo vagando en algun lugar
    muriendo de dolor
    sintiendo tantas cosas
    tanta ira


    you will cry millions of tears onto your dress when you see your path, but today you must smile although you want to die..nothing will be the same nothing will be the same.every step towards him means our final. February no longer mean anything

    Its a smilie because it is similar to they i will be feeling on my wedding day.

    It makes it worse because i dont want to feel like this on my wedding day. There for i dont want to get married ever. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A.SONG-We are the world.

    B.BY-Michael Jackson

    C.LYRICS-We are the World
    We are the children
    We are the ones who make a brighter day
    so let's start giving
    There's a choice we're making
    We're saving our own lives
    It's true, we'll make a better day
    Just you and me


    D.What this song say about our society. Is that we stick togther and that we make the world. Also that they way we do thing we make it a brighter day.And it did make the song better becuase it show no matter what your race is that we stick togther.And that if not the world would just fall apart. Thats why "we are the world we are the people". The people make the world go around.

    ReplyDelete